Leadership Development for Female Scientists (in cooperation with SFB 716)
Moderation: Dr. Sabine Horst (Zentrum für Kompetenzen, Stuttgart)
Place: University of Stuttgart, Institute for Computational Physics (ICP), Allmandring 3, Seminar-room 1.079
Dates: Wednesday, 4 April 2018; Wednesday, 23 May 2018; Wednesday, 13 June 2018; Wednesday, 4 July 2018 and Wednesday, 18 July 2018 (all-day workshops)
According to the participants' needs the programme should combine three levels:
- Training: Practice-oriented transfer, further development of individual competences and scope of action (e.g. in role games, simulations, presentations, etc.)
- Input / short lectures: Background information (based on scientific research or practical experience in other professional areas), methods, techniques, paradigms / explanat
- Peer coaching: Practice-oriented exchange of experience, professionally structured solution-finding processes, collegial consulting
- Presentations - Body language and expression
- Leadership in academic hierarchies and projects
- Effective and successful communication
- Conflict management
- Working in teams
Working in international contexts, intercultural communication and competence is a relevant topic. Presumably, this will be an integral part of all sessions.
In one of the early sessions participants will be introduced to the method of peer coaching. This will be excercised in different sessions. The method or elements can be helpful not only for the programme but also for other professional contexts. Peer coaching is a very effective solution-finding method for practical issues.
Participation / Registration: The workshop is organized by SFB 716. All female scientists associated with SFB 1313 are cordially invited to participate in the workshop. Please register with an informal e-mail sent to email@example.com.