January 7, 2019

#Q&A 1: What is a Collaborative Research Centre?

SFB 1313 Dictionary

A Collaborative Research Centre (in German: Sonderforschungsbereich / SFB) is a a long-term university-based researech institution, established for up to 12 years, in which researchers work together within a multidisciplinary research programme. It is funded by the German Research Fondation – Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG). One funding period lasts four years.