The Gdańsk University of Technology (Poland) is one of SFB 1313's international partners. In this context, SFB 1313 spokesman Rainer Helmig gave an online porous media lecture series for international students in December, organised by our colleagues in Gdansk. The five lectures highlighted the following topics:
- Flow and transport in porous media: theory and engineering applications
- Multiphase Properties (micro and macro scale)
- Physical and Mathematical Model Concepts for Multi-Phase Flow and Transport
- Discussion of Different Model Formulations
- Interfacial Area Concept, Hysteresis and Trapping
The Gdańsk University of Technology has also a strong focus on environmental engineering and porous media research on different levels: from ice to the natural underground, from polymers to sediment transport – there are multiple common research interests.