SFB 1313 offers scholarships to talented students working on their master's theses. The subject has to be related to the field of porous media. The scholarships are granted twice a year and are open to master's students enrolled at Stuttgart University or at one of SFB 1313's partner institutions. As part of the equal opportunity activities of SFB 1313, two scholarships per semester are reserved for women.
The successful applicants are expected to carry out their work, at least partly, at one of the partner institutions. It is not in accordance with the aims of the SFB that the scholarship holders remain at their home university. The scholarship holders are invited to participate in the activities of SFB 1313 including, in particular, the bi-weekly seminar and a selected specialised course from the curriculum of the Integrated Research Training Group "Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media" (IRTG-IMPM). Women are particularly encouraged to apply and additionally benefit from the new mentoring program of SFB 1313.
Please note that this scholarship is not compatible with any other grants.
Grant / Duration
The successful applicants will be awarded a scholarship of up to 400 EUR per month if they spend the duration of their scholarship at their home institution and up to 800 EUR per month if they move to a partner institution to write their master's thesis. Moreover, the selection committee may split these amounts depending on the quality and quantity of the applications.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the master's thesis (at maximum 6 months). The subject of the master's thesis must have a clear connection with SFB 1313.
The deadline for the present call expired on Wednesday, 29th August 2018.
- Almost completed course of study in Aerospace, Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Process Engineering, Mathematics, Computational Science, Physics or neighbouring disciplines with above-average results
- The master's thesis has to be supervised or co-supervised by one of the Principal Investigators of SFB 1313
- Applicants are expected to possess a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
How to Apply
Interested students are invited to fill out the online application form. The form will be visible below as soon as the call starts. In the form, applicants are asked to deliver one pdf-file containing the application. The application should be written in English and contain the following documents:
- copy of degree certificates (successful applicants will have to show official transcripts)
- letter of motivation (1 page)
- research proposal including the name of the corresponding SFB 1313 (co-)supervisor and the expected beginning and end date of the master's thesis
The selection will be carried out by a board consisting of three SFB 1313 members. The decision of the selection committee is final.
Duties of Scholarship Holders
- Write the Master's thesis in English
- Commit full work force to the planned research project
- Participate (if possible) in the activities of SFB 1313 (in particular attending the bi-weekly SFB 1313 seminar and other programmes offered)
- Within two months after completion of Scholarship: send a short report (approx. 1 page) about the work to SFB 1313
- After submission of Master's thesis: send a copy of the thesis to SFB 1313
The information you provide in the form below is needed to complete your application for the SFB 1313 Scholarship and will only be used for this purpose.
You will find further information on data protection here.
In accordance with §§ 21, 22 LDSG you also have the right of information and – if necessary – correction of your stored data on request and free of charge. For these purposes please send a written notice to the data security officer (Datenschutzbeauftragter) of the Universität Stuttgart, Breitscheidstraße 2, 70174 Stuttgart.
After having sent your application, you will get a confirmation via e-mail. If you don't receive such a confirmation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.